Unless you still live in the Dark Ages, you’ve probably got yourself a sweet little smartphone. That device can do almost everything except wash the dishes and put away laundry. Your Entune Audio-equipped Toyota is similar — that radio can perform more functions than ever before.
Commonly, pairing your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone or smartphone to your Toyota Entune system is neglected or done improperly. When it’s paired and working, you can have your car read your text messages to you, engage in conversation with Siri, and place and receive phone calls with voice commands. When it’s not working — well, that’s just not helpful at all, is it?
How to Pair your iPhone to your Toyota Entune Radio
- With the key in the on position, press the phone button to the upper left of your radio display. The display will tell you no phones are paired, then ask if you want to pair a phone.
- Press Yes. At the top of your radio display, it will show “Waiting…”. That means you’re doing good so far.
- Unlock your iPhone and navigate to the Settings menu, then select Bluetooth. Make sure the slider to enable Bluetooth is over to the right-hand side.
- Here comes the tricky part… select your vehicle from the list of available Bluetooth options. It should be easy to identify because it will start with “Toyota”. Tap the correct option. (I guess it wasn’t that tricky)
- A pairing code will be displayed on both your Toyota’s Entune radio display and your iPhone. If these match (and they should), click “Pair” on your phone.
- Both the radio and your phone will indicate that successful pairing has occurred. Immediately, the phone icon will show up on your radio display.
- Give your radio a few minutes to download your phonebook and contacts before using the voice command feature.
Now you can use your voice command button to your heart’s content. Play an artist from your phone’s songs, ask for directions from Siri, or place a phone call with the voice command feature.
If you’re having trouble getting your Toyota Entune radio to pair with your iPhone, see one of the specialists at Jay Wolfe Toyota of West County for assistance. We’re here to help with any questions or concerns you may have.
If you have an Android device, stay tuned for instructions!