Is it Better to Trade In or Sell Your Car?
It’s time for a new car. You’ve been on the prowl for one of the amazing new Toyota vehicles. Your sights are set on the sporty 86 or the luxurious Avalon. You may even choose the Tundra 1794 Edition or the efficient RAV4. But you have a car right now, and you have to deal with it. Is it better to trade in or sell your current car?
Trade In or Sell?
Reasons to Sell Your Car
- If you’re diligent about it, you might be able to get a bit more money by selling your car privately. If your car is in great condition and certified, you can demand top dollar from someone looking for a car just like yours.
- You can use the money towards your down payment. The profits from selling your car can be used to lower your payments on your new Toyota.
- You’re in control of the sales process.
Reasons to Trade In Your Car
- The process is much simpler. There’s no need to repair your car first or have it certified. All you have to do is hand the keys over and complete a bit of paperwork.
- You can use the car’s value towards your new Toyota. Like a down payment, the trade-in value is applied to the purchase price of your new car.
- There’s a tax benefit. In most states, you only pay taxes on the difference between your trade-in’s value and your new car.
- You don’t need to haggle with car shoppers. When you sell a car privately, you need to be available to meet prospective buyers and haggle on a selling price. Often, it needs to happen more than once before you sell your car. It’s inconvenient and an aggravating experience.
You can’t go wrong if you’re buying a new Toyota. But if you’re looking to get rid of your current car in an easy and stressless way, trade it in with us. We’ll give you a fair trade-in value and make your car-buying experience as best as it can be! Visit Jay Wolfe Toyota of West County to find out what your trade-in is worth.